Well hello there! How have you been?
I hope you're well...I know it's been almost a full freakin' year since I've been here...so I guess it's only fair that I explain why/how/and what brought me back...
Since June of 2011---here's a run down..
I got engaged to the man of my dreams at the end of March 2011...we still live together, sort of (more on that later)...I quit my job at Albany Broadcasting and have been a sales assistant with Clear Channel Media & Entertainment ever since July 2011--not my ideal job...but it makes the time go by for the time being.
In September of 2011...my man--enlisted in the US Army....yup...he's a soldier--in March of 2012 he went to basic training and is currently doing his job specific training...and will be living 2,000 miles away until September when he graduates---at least at this point that's the information we're working with.
Up until September...and even a bit after that, we were planning our dream wedding--sort of...we hadn't picked a date, or location, or even figured out what kind of wedding we both wanted...but we were doing a lot of talking about it.
That being said...because of his impending ship date, financial stress, future communication and other issues...we made a decision...a big one....
On December 23 2011 we became husband and wife!
It wasn't our dream ceremony--nothing fancy---but I married the man I love, the man of my dreams---and it was perfect.
He still wants to have our dream wedding..and we will...however since we don't know what the Army has in store for us...it's very hard to say exactly when.
Ok--more on the Army stuff..
My husband (saying that never gets old!) is going to be a combat medic--he hopes to serve on the front lines--which does scare the crap out of me--but I do/will support what he wants to do. I know he can take care of himself and he is going to be an amazing medic.
This means that once August/September gets here---I'll be packing up our little house and moving...hopefully out of New York State.
I cannot wait to go...we could be moving across the country, overseas....anywhere.
There's also a huge chance he will be deployed within the year. That's some thing we most likely will not know about until after the Presidential election in November.
I'm learning how to have more patience, lessen my need to control things, and work on me. I'm also, very slowly, learning to control my emotions. That has been the hardest part of this whole process---he's been gone for almost 3 months...I saw him for a few days at graduation but it's very likely he will not be coming home again.
It's a little scary but it's exciting!
I'll have more later :-)
~K
No comments:
Post a Comment